Apply for a Grant
Download the grant application in MS Word format
Foundation grants are intended to further innovation and excellence in the Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, and Arundel public schools. The Foundation’s focus is on programs that are not ordinarily funded through the regular school operating budget.
Any student, teacher, administrator, or community member may submit an application. Funded projects must be carried out in alignment with the RSU#21 school system and have approval of the principal of each involved school.
Grants are focused in two areas: enrichment programs for students, and training and development programs for teachers.
The ultimate goal of EFKA grants is to stimulate student learning. Preference is given to projects that
- involve direct, hands-on student participation
- involve a large number of students (25 or more) or impact a significant portion of the student body
- enhance the school objectives
- generate income or are funded in part by the participants
- result in a product that exhibits lessons learned and provides longer-term value
- support 21st century skills through activities that are project-based, career-oriented, and communication-intensive; provide immediate feedback; involve creative problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork, self-directed work, and self-assessment; develop a global perspective.
Grant amounts vary and are determined based on perceived program quality, funds needed, funds available, and the number of competing applications received. Every effort is made to distribute grants equitably to all schools in RSU#21.
Upon completion of the project, grant recipients provide an appraisal that includes a presentation to the EFKA Board of Directors summarizing lessons learned and additional benefits gained.
All grant requests must be submitted on EFKA’s application form, available here.
Each application is reviewed by EFKA’s Grant Committee before a final determination is made by the Board of Directors.
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis three times per year.
|Applications received prior to . . .
||will be responded to by . . .
For Additional Information
Additional information is available from the following EFKA representatives. If you are considering developing a proposal, you may wish to contact a representative to discuss how your project aligns with ongoing activities at RSU#21 schools.