Apply for a Grant
Download the grant application form in MS Word format.
Foundation grants are intended to further creativity, innovation and excellence in the Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, and Arundel public schools. The ultimate goal of EFKA grants is to stimulate student learning.
Any student, teacher, administrator, or community member may submit an application. Funded projects must be carried out in alignment with the RSU 21 school system and have approval of the principal of each involved school.
Grants are focused in two areas:
- enrichment programs for students
- professional training and development programs for teachers
Preference is given to projects that:
- involve direct, hands-on student participation
- involve a large number of students (25 or more) or impact a significant portion of the student body
- enhance the school objectives
- generate income or are funded in part by the participants
- result in a product that exhibits lessons learned and provides longer-term value
- are project-based, career-oriented, and communication-intensive
- provide immediate feedback
- involve creative problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork, self-directed work, and self-assessment
- develop a global perspective
- encourage leadership and creativity from teachers and administrators
- are not funded by the schools’ operating budget
Grant amounts have varied from $200-$20,000 and are determined based on perceived program quality, funds needed, funds available, and the number of competing applications received. Grant amounts of less than $750 are considered micro-grants, and will have the benefit of an expedited application process. Every effort is made to distribute grants equitably to all schools in RSU 21.
Successful grant recipients are asked to assist in publicizing their projects to parents, teachers, and to the public. Upon completion of the project, grant recipients provide a reflection summarizing lessons learned, additional benefits gained, and publicity plans. Download the grant reflection form here.
Grant recipients are requested to include the following information in any newsletter, permission slip, newspaper article, etc: “This project is made possible (in whole or in part) by a grant from the Education Foundation of the Kennebunks and Arundel.”
All grant requests must be submitted on a Grant Application form.
Download the micro-grant application here. ($750 and below)
All applicants will be contacted by the Leah Rachin, Grant Committee Chairperson to schedule a presentation time. The Grant Committee meets on the first Monday of every month at 9:00 a.m. at Kennebunk Elementary School. Meeting dates for 2016-2017 are as follows:
- Sept 14
- Oct 3
- Nov 7
- Dec 5
- Jan 9
- Feb 6
- March 6
- April 3
- May 1
- June 5
All applicants present their proposal to the EFKA Grant Committee who makes a recommendation to the Board of Directors to make the final determination.
For Additional Information
Additional information is available from the following EFKA representatives. If you are considering developing a proposal, you may wish to contact a representative to discuss how your project aligns with ongoing activities at RSU#21 schools.
|School||EFKA Grant Committee Representative|
|Grant Committee Chairperson||
|Kennebunk Elementary School||
|Kennebunkport Consolidated School||
|Mildred L. Day School||
|Sea Road School||
|Middle School of the Kennebunks||
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Kennebunk High School||